Charles Square & New Town Hall
Square in Prague, Czechia
The largest historical square in Prague was established by Charles VI in 1348 in connection with the foundation of Prague's New Town. Among the oldest buildings on the square are the New Town Hall building, dating back to the time of Charles IV, and the Mladota Palace (Faust House); other significant buildings include the Early Baroque Church of St Ignatius and the neo-Renaissance Czech Technical University building. The majority of the square consists of a park with seven sculptures and a Baroque fountain.
Photo © David Tesař
Charles Square (Karlovo náměstí) Karlovo náměstí 120 00 Praha 2- Nové Město