Old Jaffa Railway Station
Station & Port in Tel Aviv, Israel
The Jaffa train station building was built in 1892 as part of the first railway line between Jaffa and Jerusalem. The start of its operation marked the beginning of the age of modern transportation in the Land of Israel.
Until the eve of WWI in 1914, the station and railway were operated by a French company that acquired the license granted by Turkish Sultan Abed el-Hamid to developer Yossef Navon in 1888.