Bridge in Prague, Czechia
Prague’s oldest bridge was built to replace the Judith Bridge that had been badly damaged by floods in 1342. The Stone, or Prague, Bridge, called Charles Bridge since 1870, was begun in 1357 by Charles IV and was completed in 1402. The bridge is built of sandstone blocks, flanked at each end by fortified towers (Lesser Town Bridge Towers, Old Town Bridge Tower). From 1683 to 1928, 30 statues of saints were carved to decorate the bridge, the most famous of which is the statue of St John of Nepomuk.
Photo by Jay Dantinne on Unsplash
Charles Bridge (Karlův most) Karlův most Praha 1- Staré Město / Malá Strana
Subway: A - Green Line (Staroměstská Station)